Monday, May 17, 2010

All or Nothing

Title: All or Nothing
Author: James Buchanan
Publisher: MLR Press
Publisher URL:
ISBN: 978-1-60820-150-1
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Nevada Agent Nick O'Malley wants more from Riverside Detective Brandon Carr than a simple date every now and then. Nick wants a lasting relationship. Trouble is, Brandon isn’t quite used to being out of the closet and isn’t sure he’s ready to commit. Bringing his daughter, Shayna, to Las Vegas to meet Nick is a sign there could be more and Nick’s willing to push for it.

While the two try to sort through their relationship, they are confronted by a devastating event that leaves them reeling while scrambling to find answers before it’s too late. Will Brandon and Nick’s relationship survive this new dilemma?

All or Nothing is the latest installment of the Taking the Odds series. When I thought I couldn’t love Nick and Brandon anymore, James Buchanan pulls another fantastic story out of her hat that is filled with suspense, mayhem and sizzling sex. Brandon had a permanent address in his closet until the previous story when he came roaring out, when I least expected it. Now, he’s coming to terms with his feelings for Nick and learning to open up a tiny bit more. It’s a tooth and nail fight to get him to spill his feelings but when he does, it’s like living through the rapids in a tiny canoe. You know it’s dangerous but you just have to take the ride!

Nick is the strong man Brandon has always needed. Even when his lover does something totally out of left field, Nick doesn’t turn his back. I had to commend him; there were a few scenes where Brandon would have needed a photo to recall how I looked, but Nick is made of much stronger stuff. I’ve decided I want a bedroom like Nick’s when I grow up. Talk about a man who makes the most out of his space!

I did figure out who done it way before the end, but the story was so interesting that it didn’t matter. I finally had some of my questions about Brandon answered and am anxious to see what their next move will be. For those who’ve enjoyed this couple as much as I have, hang on and enjoy the ride.

No comments: