Monday, August 16, 2010

The Sundered Stone


Title: The Sundered Stone
Author: Elaine Corvidae
Publisher: Mundania Press
Publisher URL: http://www.mundania.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59426-134-3
Genre: {M/F} Fantasy
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx

The third book of the Shadow Fae series continues with Mina, Duncan, Alex and Pook, who have to battle both the Seelies and Unseelies, in order to eventually have a peaceful life. As Alex and Pook discover their feelings for each other, Mina and Duncan learn more of why Pook is at the center of the coming war of the Fae.

I thought that Pook did a great job of accepting the formal changes needed to prepare for the presentation to the Queen and he accepts that he will always be the street rat that he is. Alex and Pook’s relationship was one that seemed destined and I believe they belonged together because of the hardships they had already gone through in their past.

From the last book Prince of Ash which carried over into this release, I found out a lot of the reasons for the Fae’s behavior towards humans. The deceit they used to gain their own goals, regardless to who were hurt by their actions and their willingness to abandon loved ones said they were really heartless. To me, the Fae really needed someone to give them a wake up call and Pook was the one person to do it. I am extremely pleased with Ms. Corvidae’s ability to express her writing skills here and I was never disappointed. The plot flow is smooth throughout the book and I enjoyed the very descriptive scenes of the battles and grassland area outside of the city.

The Sundered Stone is quite the book in that it gives more explanation of why Pook and Alex were constantly fighting for their lives. It never ceased to amaze me of how coldhearted the Fae are about taking human lives or forcing others for their own purpose. As the story unfolds, you learn more about Pook being a prince, not wanting anything to do with the parents who abandoned him. He rebels, but finds himself needing to participate, hoping others survive the Fae.

When I started reading this story, I thought it would begin telling of other main characters but was pleasantly surprised how it unfolded. The mere fact that it would take Mina, Duncan, Alex, Pook and other Fae to cooperate together to accomplish a common goal for peace, spoke volumes for me. I don’t want to give away too much here and there is a lot going on, but I will say that you will not be disappointed reading this Shadow Fae series.

No comments: