Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sagittarius Blues

Title: Sagittarius Blues
Author: Katrina Strauss
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL:
ISBN: 978-1-60737-904-1
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Ryan is in love with his best friend and has been for some time. Unfortunately, Chad happens to be straight, sort of. Trying to deal with his feelings for Chad, Ryan is not expecting the emotions new neighbor Greg is bringing out.

Sagittarius Blues is a fast-paced holiday story that brings two young men together. Both Ryan and Greg come from similar backgrounds, yet while Greg has become responsible, hard working and private; Ryan is laid back, unsure of what he wants to do, and still struggling to get by. The men soon find themselves in a relationship and the author has written some nice scenes to bring their feelings across. While I liked Ryan, his blog and song were great and I would have like to have heard the sock song, for me, the relationship between him and Greg did not have the same intense feeling that I am used to seeing from this author. The two do face some rough moments and I wanted to smack Greg for not being more supportive of Ryan. However, I can understand why he felt the need to step back. Ryan’s relationship with Chad plays heavily into the story and I liked the way Ms. Strauss wrapped up things between them. All in all, I found Sagittarius Blues to be a sweet story to read.

No comments: