Saturday, March 3, 2012

Delsyn’s Blues

Title: Delsyn’s Blues
Author: Lou Sylvre
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
ISBN: 978-1-61372-323-4
Genre: {M/M}, Suspense, Sequel
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph 

Sonny and Luki’s relationship has been rocky from the start.  It isn’t that the men don’t love each other - they do - but fate has a way of throwing a few monkey wrenches their way that leave the men fighting for their love time and time again. 

When I saw that author Lou Sylvre had a sequel to Loving Luki Vasquez, I was not sure I was up to reading it.  Not because I did not love the first book, I did.  I just was not sure if I was up to another heavy angst-driven story.  Once I started Delsyn’s Blues, however, I was hooked.  The author pulled me in right from the start, but I do have to tell you the prologue pissed me off some.  Sonny and Luki are just as intriguing as last time and their relationship is just as rocky.  The men are faced with some tragic events that almost destroy the relationship they built during the course of the first story.   At times, I wanted to shake both the men but as you read Delsyn’s Blues, you will soon come to see that both their actions are understandable, including Sonny’s initial reaction to Richard, given the intense grief they are going through.  It is only their intense feelings and need for each other that pull the men through. 

Like the first story, the author wove a mystery throughout Delsyn’s Blues.   It doesn’t take long before the reader will figure out who is the bad guy although there are many points along the way that will surprise you.   

If you read the first story then you really must pick up Delsyn’s Blues.  I loved this story and had a hard time putting it down.  The connection between the men is strong, even with the many dings it takes and carries throughout the book.  The mystery will hold your attention till the last page and keep you reading late into the night.

No comments: