Title:
Finding
Matt
Author:
JD Ruskin
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publishers
URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
9781632162779
Genre:
{M/M}, Suspense, Paranormal
Rating:
4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Jaron
is barely making a living as a pet psychic when he is approached by the family
of a missing little boy. They hope he
will be able to track him through his dog, but not everyone sees Jaron as a
blessing. Especially Officer Silva.
Finding Matt is a great paranormal romance that
puts a new spin of the psychic main character. Being a psychic is hard enough,
but one that deals with pets is even more of a joke. Work on a kidnapping and it’s only natural
that things are sure to get out of hand fast.
I
love that the author made Jaron a pet psychic and that we are able to see some
of his interactions with the pets in this story. I also really loved Jaron’s dog, Bear, who at
times had me laughing. As you would
expect, Jaron is not always taken seriously due to his profession, but he has
his past to live down as well.
Then
there is Officer Paulo Silva. Paulo is a
recent transfer to the Stanton Police Department. The author does eventually tell the reader
why the young man ended up changing jobs and it is not for the faint of
heart. While the mystery that the main
characters find themselves caught up in is tough at times, the case that causes
Paulo so much heartbreak is just plain gruesome and may be hard on some
readers.
I
have to admit that I was not altogether sure who would be pairing up with whom
in this story, as there are two secondary characters that have strong
connections with Paulo and Jaron. The
author uses these secondary characters to bring the men either closer together
or to pull them apart at times.
Finding Matt is primarily a mystery with a
little romance thrown in on the side.
That being the case, the men’s relationship never really reaches the hot
and heavy stage, but that did not keep me from turning the pages of this
book. I loved the story and the little
twists and turns the author threw in.
The characters held my interest and I was anxious to see what would
happen next. In fact, I would love to
see Jaron and Paulo come back for more books.

No comments:
Post a Comment