Title:
Finding
Family
Author:
Connie Bailey
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publishers
URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
9781634771528
Genre:
{M/M}, Contemporary, Dreamspun Desires
Rating:
4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Charles
made his money the old fashion way. He
inherited it. Much to his shock, he also
inherited his three small cousins.
Knowing children won’t fit into his playboy life, Charles hires a nanny
to care for the children. Jon knows what
it is like to be an orphan and has no trouble bonding with the kids; it’s the
uncle he is worried about.
Finding Family is an interesting new
book by author Connie Bailey. It follows
a well-used theme, yet there are some refreshing aspects to it as well. Charles is a rich man who lived his life for
himself until the day his parents died and he is named head of the family
business. Shortly after the death of his
parents, his uncle and aunt pass and he finds himself the guardian of his three
much younger cousins. Charles now finds
himself with a lot on his plate, yet he is not ready for all the responsibilities
thrown at him. I have to say that I
spent a majority of the book not liking Charles. He lost his family members, due to alcohol,
and is following in their footsteps. He
also had no concern for his cousins and, more than once, I wanted to smack him
and tell him to step up.
Charles’
assistant knows he needs a nanny and after the children have gone through
several women, many of whom thought it would give them a chance with Charles,
he hires a man. Jon grew up in an
orphanage, staying even after he ages out.
He knows that it is time to go out into the real world and when the
offer to become a nanny comes up, he takes it.
Jon has no idea what to expect and he is shocked when he sees the life
he has stepped into. I liked Jon,
especially the way he handles the children.
More than once, he had me laughing as he dealt with the kids and started
to show them the love they had been missing.
There
is a relationship building between Jon and Charles, but while the relationship
is in its infancy, the two men are faced with issues that cause problems in
more than their relationship. Money is
missing from Charles’ company and Charles has been made the fall guy. There is one point in this story, while
Charles was working, when I thought “You idiot, that’s going to come back and
kick you in the butt.” While it was easy
to see the problems come Charles’ way, the why and who behind them was
surprising.
The
various little twists and turns keep the story moving nicely and I really liked
a couple of the secondary characters. I think it would be interesting to see
them get stories of their own. The
author did a great job wrapping Finding
Family up and I think fans of this author are really going to like this new
book.

No comments:
Post a Comment