
Title: Forsaken Talisman
Author: Ashleigh Raine
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504-483-5
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
They say keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Craze is back, still trying to get the upper hand on the prophecy, and the Shadow Walkers have to stay on their toes.
Known for his dependability, Dusty Clements is a true friend and invaluable member of his team. When he meets Skylar, the latest victim of Craze’s demented mind, Stephan begins to wonder about Dusty’s loyalties. Skylar wants to remember her past, and being rescued by a man embedded in her mind isn’t a bad consolation prize. Craze is always one step ahead of the Shadow Walkers, but their determination keeps the fight alive. Who will be the victor this time around?
Ashleigh Raine’s Forsaken Talisman takes us into the lives of people betrayed by foe and friend alike. The story brings up subjects of disloyalty, revenge, trust and love. Some subjects intermingle to create a cross-woven fascinating plot. Skylar and Dusty have a love affair, full of passion and devotion. Watching the power and strength they share was delightful and heartwarming. Dusty’s jovial personality took a side seat to his romantic inclination and I could understand why Skylar instantly fell for the man. There were parts of this story that I had a hard time grasping, through no fault of the writer’s ability, but through the mindset of a few characters. I was truly to a point where I wished I could become an alternate character long enough to open a can of beat-them-down. While I could elaborate, I don’t want to give away the lead in to the next installment of this series. I’m crossing my fingers that what I read was a plot within a plot, and that I can leave the can firmly on the shelf with the dust still settling on it. Regardless of the hard feelings and hurt the actions evoked, I’ll be the first to admit this was definitely a great read. The story flows smoothly and the characters mesh well. Those who enjoyed the first book in this series won’t be disappointed.
Author: Ashleigh Raine
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504-483-5
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
They say keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Craze is back, still trying to get the upper hand on the prophecy, and the Shadow Walkers have to stay on their toes.
Known for his dependability, Dusty Clements is a true friend and invaluable member of his team. When he meets Skylar, the latest victim of Craze’s demented mind, Stephan begins to wonder about Dusty’s loyalties. Skylar wants to remember her past, and being rescued by a man embedded in her mind isn’t a bad consolation prize. Craze is always one step ahead of the Shadow Walkers, but their determination keeps the fight alive. Who will be the victor this time around?
Ashleigh Raine’s Forsaken Talisman takes us into the lives of people betrayed by foe and friend alike. The story brings up subjects of disloyalty, revenge, trust and love. Some subjects intermingle to create a cross-woven fascinating plot. Skylar and Dusty have a love affair, full of passion and devotion. Watching the power and strength they share was delightful and heartwarming. Dusty’s jovial personality took a side seat to his romantic inclination and I could understand why Skylar instantly fell for the man. There were parts of this story that I had a hard time grasping, through no fault of the writer’s ability, but through the mindset of a few characters. I was truly to a point where I wished I could become an alternate character long enough to open a can of beat-them-down. While I could elaborate, I don’t want to give away the lead in to the next installment of this series. I’m crossing my fingers that what I read was a plot within a plot, and that I can leave the can firmly on the shelf with the dust still settling on it. Regardless of the hard feelings and hurt the actions evoked, I’ll be the first to admit this was definitely a great read. The story flows smoothly and the characters mesh well. Those who enjoyed the first book in this series won’t be disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment