Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kingsley & I: Together


Title: Kingsley & I: Together
Author: Gary Martine
Publisher: MLR Press
Publisher URL: http://www.mlrbooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60820-023-8
Genre: Gay M/M, Contemporary
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Critter Nymph

Can a gay man and a confused bi-sexual make a relationship work? What will happen when family and friends start putting in their two cents? Are they ready for the next step or do they need some time apart to know for sure?

Kingsley and his lover are back in Kingsley & I: Together. This second book fills in many of the gaps that were present in the first book. Still written like a journal, we learn more about the two men as careers, family, and friends are revealed. All these things round out the story, allowing the readers to actually start ‘seeing’ the characters. The sex is still hot and often, and “I” is still greatly confused, yet it seems as if it is Kingsley’s inability to see “I’s” confusion that may cause problems for this relationship.

While book two answered many of the questions left by the first story, I am interested to see how the author intends to wrap up the story of Kingsley and his lover.

No comments: