Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Half-Breed Who Found His Other Half

Title: The Half-Breed Who Found His Other Half
Author: Scarlet Hyacinth
Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand
Publisher URL: 
ISBN/BIN: 1-61926-742-X
Genre: {M/M} Paranormal Series
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Dragon Minx  

For half-breeds Isaac Wade and Chantay Arceneau, life is challenging. No one knows exactly what they are, so they face prejudice every day. For Isaac, as a wolf/ram hybrid, that means dealing with the opposing natures of being both a prey and predator animal. Isaac’s also in conflict with his parents who treat him like a child, despite his age, and he’s getting tired of it. His life changes when he’s introduced to Chantay and for the first time, he feels hope. 

Chantay battles against his incubus side. When he meets Isaac, he’s shocked at the instant attraction and the amount of sexual tension swirling between them.  When they suddenly mate, instead of it bringing happiness, they’re met with attempts to pull them apart. Can their love survive the interference of Isaac’s parents or will their mating fail? 

The Half-Breed Who Found His Other Half is the newest release in Scarlet Hyacinth’s Mate or Meal series. Because of the recurring characters, I recommend the books be read in order. 

I have to admit that from the time I first heard of Isaac I was anxious to read about him. I mean, a ram and wolf shifter odd is that? The guy could have all kinds of trouble and I was right; the author’s imagery of his problems during childhood is nicely done. Where she really outdid herself was in the descriptions of Isaac’s annoying and overbearing parents. These two are a pain, intent on controlling the lives of all their children. I’m sick of them. 

Now back to Isaac and Chantay. Isaac and Chantay make a good couple and their new mating is full of sexual tension and passion. Unfortunately, at times I found the plot confusing and irrational, but then Elder Wade is involved. The mission portion of the story, while filled with suspense and danger, is resolved more quickly than I expected, and Elder Wade is still a jerk at the end. I guess I just expected a different kind of story for Isaac and his mate after waiting so long. And as much as I hate to mention it…I really dislike the cover. Watch for the next release, The Swan Who Flew After a Wolf, coming soon.

No comments: