Author: Joyee Flynn
Publisher:
Siren-Bookstrand
Publisher URL: www.sirenbookstrand.com
ISBN/BIN:
1-61926-668-7
Genre: {M/M/M/M}
Contemporary Paranormal Series
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Lennox Ashton is one
of the omegas rescued from his abusive inner circle now that the Omega Network
is up and running. He was kept captive in a small attic room for years, enduring
horrible torture. Now free and crippled, without family or friends, he has
nothing to live for.
Seeing Lennox during
his rescue, Hugo Cormac’s smitten, refusing to leave Lennox ’s
side. When Hugo’s appointed the new alpha of the Oceanside
pack, he convinces the recovering Lennox of
his feelings and he goes along as the omega. They have to start a new life and
pick betas Blair Peregrine and Falcon Beall to round out their new inner
circle. But the past comes back to haunt Lennox before they have a chance to
meld their lives together and Lennox is
captured. Can his three men find him in time or will they be too late?
This is a good
addition to the series and with the Omega Network in place has a vastly
different feel from the first book. I like how this one started…with Lennox ’s rescue, but I wasn’t expecting the severity of
his injuries…that he’d be crippled/maimed. Between Lennox
and Hugo, there’s a lot of swirling emotions in the first part of this story
and the author does a nice job dealing with them. She also does well explaining
why and how Lennox was abused, its affect on
him and how Hugo is helping him deal with it. I like how some of this is handled
but after being abused, the physical part of the relationship between the men moves
forward much faster than seems reasonable for the situation.
I like the guys in
this book. Hugo is a caring alpha, Blair and Falcon are tender and protective
and they make a good inner circle for Lennox .
They’re new to each other but still have a playful and humorous side I enjoyed.
The story is fun and entertaining with lots of intense emotions, suspense,
danger and plenty of blistering hot sex. My other niggles…I didn’t expect such
quick resolutions of Lennox ’s crippling or the
resolution of his kidnapping (my lips are sealed on the details). I look
forward to the next book, hopefully with one of the new pack members.

No comments:
Post a Comment