Author: Kate Sherwood
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-61372-431-6
Genre: {M/M/M}
Contemporary Western Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
It’s been two years
and while Jeff, Dan and Evan are happy together, it doesn’t mean that they haven’t
had some rough patches. Their lives are good, the sex is great and they’re
looking forward to the future when Dan gets an unexpected phone call that
changes everything. His estranged sister, Krista, is on the run from the law,
is seven months pregnant and wants help…with the baby and the police.
While willing to help
his sister, it puts more stress on his relationship with Jeff and Evan than Dan
ever imagined. They want to help but Evan is obsessing over protecting his own
sister and Jeff is dealing with health issues. There are rising tempers, fears,
secrets and complications that get worse by the day, all which are driving a
wedge between the lovers. If the threesome has any hope of surviving, they need
to learn to pull together before it’s too late.
Of Dark and Bright is the latest release in Kate Sherwood’s Dark Horse series. Since the books
follow the relationship of the same three men, they should be read in order.
I’ve enjoyed all the
books in this series but I think this one is my favorite. We get to see Dan,
Jeff and Evan further along in their relationship and learn how serious
external issues cause them problems. Letting the point of view switch between
all three men was a great way of knowing what was going on with each…what they are
thinking. I like that.
There’s a lot positive
going on with this entertaining read. It has a smooth flow, a complicated plot
line with numerous well developed characters and vivid descriptions. I liked the surprise twist of Krista’s arrival
and how her personality was developed but I didn’t know from one scene to the
next whether I liked her or not…mostly not. Then there’s Jeff and his health
scare. I really thought that more of the plot was going to revolve around his
illness and then suddenly it switched to Evan’s sister when she got in trouble.
I was disappointed that this opportunity for growth of the threesome was dropped.
I really like Dan and Jeff much more than Evan, but then Evan still comes
across as arrogant. Add all this together with emotional pain, betrayal,
suspense, action, danger and a new baby and you have a story that kept my
attention from the first page to the last. I hope we see another book in the
future with this sexy threesome raising the baby.

No comments:
Post a Comment