Author: Cari Silverwood
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher
URL: www.loose-id.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61118-802-8
Genre: {M/F}, BDSM, Steampunk, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon
Sten
saves Kaysana from zombies infected with the lust plague. Unfortunately, she loses her ship in the
process, though one of her favorite crew members survives.
The
second book in the Steamwork Chronicles,
Lust Plague, is filled with zombies,
though I was startled by the different types of them because the author
surprised me with that one. A very big
difference from the normal zombie stories was the fact that some of the zombies,
or resurrected men, could actually think and pass as normal for awhile was very
interesting. There was also the normal
flesh-eating ones that we have come to expect. I normally avoid zombie stories,
but I enjoyed this one. I will caution
readers though that there are some parts of the book that may disturb.
The
main characters Sten, a frankenstruct and an airship captain, Kaysana, had such
wonderful chemistry. Kaysana has to
rethink her ideas about being dominated, as well as her attitude regarding
frankenstructs. I thought the give and take of their relationship was very
believable, as they both struggled to come to terms with their growing feelings
once they were no longer affected by the plague. Emily was an interesting secondary character
and added a lot to the story.
The
world that Ms. Silverwood has created is very interesting, since I had not been
exposed to steampunk stories until this series.
The various countries and the types of people she showcases have made
this series one that I want to read again.

No comments:
Post a Comment