Title: Damek’s
Redemption
Author: N.J. Walters
Publisher: Samhain
Publishing
Publisher URL: www.samhainpublishing.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-61921-290-9
Genre: {M/F}
Contemporary Paranormal Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Release Date: 10-30-12
Sonia Agostino is a
university professor who writes about the myths and legends of creatures that
go bump in the night. This time she’s on the trail of a vampire and her
research takes her to Chicago
and the club Inhibitions, owned by the reclusive, Damek. She’s hoping he’s the vampire she’s looking
for but when she arrives on his doorstep, he refuses to see her.
Damek hasn’t been
interested in a woman for decades but after one look at Sonia, his libido comes
roaring back to life. He can’t risk getting close to her but when vampire hunters
threaten Sonia, Damek will do anything to keep her safe. Their attraction is
undeniable and as the danger escalates, the reality of Damek being a vampire
comes to light. With their safety at peril, Sonia will make a decision that’ll
change her life forever. Can Damek save her or will the hunters kill them both?
Damek’s Redemption is the newest release in NJ Walters Legacy series. It’s possible to read this one as a standalone but I
recommend the books be read in order.
Since Damek entered
the series, I’ve anxiously awaited his book and I’m happy to say I wasn’t
disappointed. He’s a great
character—powerful, arrogant, protective and not a guy to mess with. I like
him. Sonia’s as interesting in her own right. Strong-willed, determined and
very capable. Ms. Walters has done a good job, not just developing their
personalities, but weaving them into a believable couple despite their vast
differences. I enjoyed learning their personal histories, the descriptions are
vivid, the plot fast-paced and there’s a good integration of previous
characters. I’m particularly interested in Craig getting a story.
The vampire hunters in
this one are more prominent that before and I was glad to learn more about
them. Their actions fuel the plot forward, bringing in plenty of danger and
action. That’s particularly true near the end, so watch carefully, as the pace
and action moves even faster. It’s during one of these scenes that Sonia’s
family arrives. They’re unique individuals with an interesting history and I
hope to see a few of them—her brothers—again in the future. Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment