Title: Shadow of the
Wolf
Author: Dana Marie Bell
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher
URL: www.samhainpublishing.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61921-095-0
Genre: {M/F}, Paranormal, Shape-shifters, Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph
Alannah’s
car stalls on the road returning from a party for one of her friends. This happens about a month after Christopher
casts his spell for his mate to come to him.
Both are very surprised by each other’s magical persuasion.
The
first story in the Heart’s Desire
series was both humorous and a good suspense story. Shadow
of the Wolf follows two families that are on opposite sides of the magical
power spectrum. Christopher is a wizard
and Alannah is a witch. Christopher’s
brothers and Alannah’s grandmother find a lot of humor in the situation, even
though it causes some problems for both when Cole tries to harm them.
I
was laughing at the relationship between the brothers, as most of us with
siblings will find this very familiar. I
loved Alannah’s grandmother and the way she was. The author threw in a few interesting quirks
about both families. One problem I had was that it took a little too long to
tell us about Cole and why he was so bad.
I would have liked a little more information about Cole’s family and
hope as this series progresses, we learn more as they seem to be a constant
thorn in the Beckett family’s side. We
are all familiar with family feuds and how bad they can be because of the
Hatfield’s and McCoy’s.
I
was a little surprised by the author’s knowledge and stressed some core beliefs
of witches, especially the ‘three-fold law’.
It was also interesting how she showcased the differences between
witches, wizards and warlocks within the story.
Ms.
Bell is a new author for me and I am looking forward to more about the Beckett
family in the future, especially how things are going to affect Zach.

No comments:
Post a Comment