Title: Blood
Tied
Author: Jacob Z.
Flores
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-63476-521-3
Genre: {M/M}
Paranormal Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Thad Blackmoor thinks
emotions are a waste of time and keeps his tightly under control, making him
seem as icy and rigid as his magical ability to call cold and snow. He refuses
to express how he feels and his goal in life is to become more powerful than
his brother Pierce and father.
His outlook takes a turn
when he comes across a banshee attacking Aiden Teine, a fire fiery. When the fight is over, the banshee’s dead
and Thad’s rescued a battered Aiden. Thad’s surprised by his attraction to
Aiden but it also starts to thaw his frozen heart, but there’s little time for
romance. There’s a dangerous shadow weaver to deal with and there’s possibly a
connection to the previous vampyre attack. Thad, his brothers and Aiden have to
go to Otherworld for answers and he’ll need all his growing powers to survive.
And his other problem—how to get Ben, an annoying warlock one-night-stand to realize
he isn’t interested.
Blood Tied is the second release by Jacob Z. Flores in his series, The Warlock Brothers of Havenbridge. The
plot line is ongoing and numerous characters are recurring so I recommend the
books be read in order.
Mr. Flores has written
a nice sequel and in the opening scenes does an excellent job in explaining why
Thad hasn’t felt important to his family and why. It’s sad that a guy with two
brothers and a dad feels so totally alone since the death of his mother. But
then the way the family is written, there are times I didn’t like any of them
either. That’s one of my biggest issues. The personalities of the Blackmoor men
tend to be antagonistic and they bicker and fight too much…it gets annoying.
I’m a big fan of Fae
characters, so I was thrilled the author created Aiden as Thad’s love interest
for Blood Tied. He did a nice job
bringing together so many different paranormal creatures and even managed to
get the mysterious Conclave into the plot. I’ve been wondering about them and
am happy to know more---and I still don’t trust them.
I’m happy to report
this new release is as fast paced and entertaining as the first and there’s
plenty of angst, action and danger. There also sizzling romance. Yes, it’s
instant attraction, which isn’t my favorite, but the author did a good job of believably
explaining it within the story context…thank you, Mr. Flores. You’ll find lots
of previous characters, and a few plots twists to keep your interest. I admit
the villain wasn’t a surprise for me this time. Happy reading.

No comments:
Post a Comment