Title: Claimed By Desire
Author: Skye Jones
Publisher: Liquid Silver Books
Publisher URL: www.lsbooks.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-62210-236-5
Genre: {M/M} Paranormal; Shifter; Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Rose Nymph
Dylan has kept to himself since returning to
When an evil presence makes itself known in the village, Dylan is ready and waiting to fulfil his destiny, regardless of the consequences. But it’s not only Dylan that the evil wants. Dylan wants to protect those around him the only way he knows how – by pushing those who care away. Will he be forever destined to live a life of solitude and heartache, or will his wolf finally be allowed to come out and play?
Claimed By Desire is part of the author’s Wild Hunters series. I enjoyed the first book and had high hopes for this second instalment. I’m happy to say I wasn’t disappointed at all. I personally love a pairing where one is older and rugged, with the weight of the world on his shoulders, while the other is more youthful and full of energy. I couldn’t get enough of Dylan and Aeron. There is great chemistry between them and they share some very erotic scenes. Aeron is definitely the character I connected with the most. He is kind, caring, and there is an honesty to him that just makes you love him. Dylan is great too – gruff and hard but with an element of vulnerability that meant you were never going to be put off by his behaviour.
I absolutely loved the Welsh setting and the plot was thrilling. There is a real sense of urgency at the end as Dylan gets closer to finding closure to a very painful chapter in his life, but it is never predictable. Characters from the first book make a welcome appearance to help fight off a pretty scary foe in a satisfying conclusion. I highly recommend this series to fans of the genre and can’t wait for the next instalment.

No comments:
Post a Comment