
Book Title: The Last Queen
Author: Christine McKay
Publisher: Cerridwen Press
Publisher URL: http://www.cerridwenpress.com/index.asp
ISBN: 9781419909733
Genre: Futuristic/Romance/Sci-Fi
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
Adrianne Harris has her demons, but she’s dealt with them all her life the best way she knows how. So when the plane she’s on crashes on the runway, killing all aboard but her, Adrianne tries to put things into perspective. Of course, that would be easier if a gorgeous alien named Navarre didn’t invade her dreams since the crash.
Now the FBI is convinced she’s a killer, her best friend Nikki isn’t sure what to think, Navarre presents one temptation after another… Oh, and there’s a nasty creature called The Hunter and his hounds are snapping at Adrianne’s heels.
What’s a strong-willed woman to do?
The Last Queen was amazing! I adore strong heroines, and Adrianne is, by far, the best I’ve ever read. She’s not the type to lay back and let things just…happen. She demands answers and needs to maintain some sort of control over her life. With everything hitting her at once, there were several times I waited for her to utterly crumble, but she never did.
Navarre’s patience (and sometimes lack thereof) was admirable, to say the least. The passion between them was earth-shattering and full of emotion, down to every little touch and kiss they shared. With this man by her side, it’s no wonder Adrianne refused to let her problems take over.
What I really appreciated was that the author took time to create a plot and an entrancing world--that of the Dragoons. This could have been a shallow romp, but it wasn’t. The Last Queen is rich in details and emotions and action, never becoming boring or overdone.
Kudos to Ms. McKay for a wonderful story. I give The Last Queen 5 Nymphs.
Author: Christine McKay
Publisher: Cerridwen Press
Publisher URL: http://www.cerridwenpress.com/index.asp
ISBN: 9781419909733
Genre: Futuristic/Romance/Sci-Fi
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael
Adrianne Harris has her demons, but she’s dealt with them all her life the best way she knows how. So when the plane she’s on crashes on the runway, killing all aboard but her, Adrianne tries to put things into perspective. Of course, that would be easier if a gorgeous alien named Navarre didn’t invade her dreams since the crash.
Now the FBI is convinced she’s a killer, her best friend Nikki isn’t sure what to think, Navarre presents one temptation after another… Oh, and there’s a nasty creature called The Hunter and his hounds are snapping at Adrianne’s heels.
What’s a strong-willed woman to do?
The Last Queen was amazing! I adore strong heroines, and Adrianne is, by far, the best I’ve ever read. She’s not the type to lay back and let things just…happen. She demands answers and needs to maintain some sort of control over her life. With everything hitting her at once, there were several times I waited for her to utterly crumble, but she never did.
Navarre’s patience (and sometimes lack thereof) was admirable, to say the least. The passion between them was earth-shattering and full of emotion, down to every little touch and kiss they shared. With this man by her side, it’s no wonder Adrianne refused to let her problems take over.
What I really appreciated was that the author took time to create a plot and an entrancing world--that of the Dragoons. This could have been a shallow romp, but it wasn’t. The Last Queen is rich in details and emotions and action, never becoming boring or overdone.
Kudos to Ms. McKay for a wonderful story. I give The Last Queen 5 Nymphs.
No comments:
Post a Comment