Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chaos & Communion


Book Title: Chaos & Communion
Author: Jamie Craig
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/
ISBN: 978-1-60272-222-4
Genre: Gay/Dark Fantasy/Vampire/BDSM/Ménage (M/M/F)
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx


Gideon Keel and Emma Coolidge miss the free spirited man they fell in love with. For the past six months, Jesse Madding has been trying to cope after he was brutally tortured. Thanks to Michelle, they have an option to help move Jesse on the road to recovery. Gideon and Jesse will have to travel to an alternate universe to face the demons of their past. Gideon will have to face Mary, the woman credited for helping him learn to be a better vamp. Poor Jess will have to face the man who savagely abused him -- Marcus Brooker. What the two men discover in this dimension is everything isn’t quite what it seems, and the target’s not always the most likely person!

Gideon Keel is definitely hard as steel and not a vamp you want to play with. However, when it comes to the people who live in his heart, he will move heaven and earth to protect them and nurture them back to health. There is no exception to this rule when it comes to Jesse. What I appreciated most about this book is that Jesse finally meets the woman who showed Gideon love. I don’t think he expected their meeting to go as it did, but I think that helped him heal as much as facing Marcus. Emma wasn’t really in this one, but I tell you that little spit fire has picked up a few habits from her men. I really felt for Jesse and his pain this go-around. I know it was hard to move forward when every dark corner can hold something that could hurt you, but I was proud of his willingness to try and heal his own hurts. The book gives us a heady dose of action, suspense, and two Gideon’s for the price of one! Not to mention BDSM the way that only Gideon and Jesse can bring it! In addition, for those who wanted more information about Mary, you don’t want to miss this installment of the Masters Chronicles. Wonderful book, Jamie Craig!

No comments: