Monday, March 16, 2009

The Garden House


Book Title: The Garden House
Author: Mia Cherish & Jacqueline Quaid
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/
ISBN: 1-59279-570-6
Genre: Lesbian/Interracial/Paranormal
Nymph Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Satyr Vael

When Clancy Rosabel, a young college student, arrives at an immaculate mansion in the Garden District on orders to steal flowers as a pledge to a sorority, she knows she just can’t waltz in and take them. So she stands at the gate and politely asks for the flowers from the mansion’s owner -- Léonor Griffin, New Orleans’ Belle Madame. Little does Clancy realize just how much she must pay for the flowers, and how much she continues to long for the vampiress’ touch.

Léonor Griffin has been widowed for ages, from her husband and from her past lover. When young and beautiful Clancy appears at her garden gate, Lea finds herself unable to resist the woman’s allure. Unknowingly, Clancy begins to work her way into Lea’s shuttered heart, but what happens when the time comes to introduce Clancy fully into the nocturnal lifestyle?

The Garden House is a beautifully written story, rich in detail and love scenes. It’s so easy to imagine the lush Creole landscape and the unbelievable eroticism that flows between these two women. Lea is sultry and refined, and the touches of French in her accent only add to her appeal. Clancy is a sweet college girl who is learning about love in the best way possible: at the hands (and lips) of a loving, gentle partner.

If you enjoy lesbian romances (and even if you normally don’t), don’t pass up The Garden House.

3 comments:

M.A. said...

Dear Satyr Yael,

Jackie and I thank you so much for reading and enjoying "Garden House". As a lifelong New Orleans resident living in the Hurricane Katrina aftermath, writing "Garden House" was a therapeutic labor of love as I sought to reconnect with many of the elements and history that make my hometown so unique. It was also my first same sex pairing effort and I was pleased to meet the challenge of creating genuine romantic chemistry between the main characters.


A positive review just makes my day. Thank you for your good words about "Garden House." Best, Mia Cherish

Ebs said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review "The Garden House." As Mia says, it was therapy for us as well as a chance to tell a true love story. I'm so glad you liked it.

~Ebs
Jacqueline Quaid

Vael said...

You both are quite welcome.

It's a wonderfully written story and I greatly enjoyed it. I wasn't aware you'd been through the hurricane until the Lit Nymphs owner sent me an email, and I can easily see how 'The Garden House' was therapeutic.

I hope you both continue to write such beautiful stories. :)

Vael