Monday, July 20, 2009

Seeds of Time 2: Bread on the Waters


Title: Seeds of Time 2: Bread on the Waters
Author: G.S. Wiley
Publisher: Torquere Press
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-749-7
Genre: {M/M} Contemporary Erotic Romance
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Simon is still enjoying his job as a theater manager, while branching out a bit and taking on more responsibilities. He’s already the jack-of-all-trades for their small theater and his willingness to work hard keeps them afloat and abate the problems. Simon reunites with Adrian, but isn’t completely committed to their relationship. Is it the fact that Adrian has a child with another woman or the memory of Vicar James that causes Simon to tread lightly?

In G.S. Wiley’s Seeds of Time 2: Bread on the Waters we meet back up with Simon, a few months after his first time-traveling adventure. He’s grown past the hurt Adrian caused, and is trying to decide if he should attempt to go back to see James once more, or chalk the whole experience up as an impossibly wonderful dream. James seems to have made a great impact on Simon, and is nothing like Adrian, which is something I came to appreciate more and more while I read the story. In those few short months, I could see how much Simon has matured and learned to be more decisive and less prone to overlook the obvious. I could also tell that whatever love he had for Adrian had lessened and regardless of his forgiving Adrian, Simon would never truly forget the pain he caused. G.S. Wiley strategically placed obstacles in the way of Simon getting what he wants, leaving speculation to how he and the vicar will be able to reunite. However, regardless of those obstacles I know Simon will find a way to regain what causes his spirits to soar. I loved this sequel and can’t wait to read the next episode.

No comments: