
Title: Extinction
Author: Carol Lynne
Publisher: Resplendence Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60735-040-8
Genre: {M/M} Paranormal
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
Jack McBain grew up listening to stories about the Beothuk people and their ability to shift into werewolves. A promise to his grandmother has kept Jack searching for survivors of this lost race. Now after years of research, Jack encounters a wolf he believes to be a Beothuk shifter. However, not only does this wolf hold the key to the long fascination instilled by stories, the wolf is the key to Jack’s future happiness.
Extinction is the first story in Carol Lynne’s new series Refuge Shifters. Jack McBain is a professor of Environmental Science/Wildlife and the first to admit his passion is more for the exploration of his study than the actual teaching of it. He’s a disciplined man of strong moral values. As the facts begin to unfold for Jack, I felt his betrayal; however I knew that the people in his past wanted him to discover his true purpose on his own. I think having things presented as a puzzle that he had to unravel aided in his devotion to the project. He doesn’t seem like the type of man you can force into a situation, but his inquisitive nature makes him the perfect investigator. The story is set on a few breathtaking backdrops that are sure to open your senses to nature and it’s array of smells, sounds, and beauty. The story contains a number of well-developed characters that I am anxious to learn more about. The wolf Jack meets isn’t your typical leader and when the plot unfurls, you’ll appreciate the twist Ms. Lynne adds to the story. Extinction has action, suspense, hot sex, and even hotter characters. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Author: Carol Lynne
Publisher: Resplendence Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60735-040-8
Genre: {M/M} Paranormal
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx
Jack McBain grew up listening to stories about the Beothuk people and their ability to shift into werewolves. A promise to his grandmother has kept Jack searching for survivors of this lost race. Now after years of research, Jack encounters a wolf he believes to be a Beothuk shifter. However, not only does this wolf hold the key to the long fascination instilled by stories, the wolf is the key to Jack’s future happiness.
Extinction is the first story in Carol Lynne’s new series Refuge Shifters. Jack McBain is a professor of Environmental Science/Wildlife and the first to admit his passion is more for the exploration of his study than the actual teaching of it. He’s a disciplined man of strong moral values. As the facts begin to unfold for Jack, I felt his betrayal; however I knew that the people in his past wanted him to discover his true purpose on his own. I think having things presented as a puzzle that he had to unravel aided in his devotion to the project. He doesn’t seem like the type of man you can force into a situation, but his inquisitive nature makes him the perfect investigator. The story is set on a few breathtaking backdrops that are sure to open your senses to nature and it’s array of smells, sounds, and beauty. The story contains a number of well-developed characters that I am anxious to learn more about. The wolf Jack meets isn’t your typical leader and when the plot unfurls, you’ll appreciate the twist Ms. Lynne adds to the story. Extinction has action, suspense, hot sex, and even hotter characters. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
No comments:
Post a Comment