
Title: Savage Storm
Author: Vonna Harper
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419922602
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph
Death is the only way Alika feels she can escape her abusive master, so she jumps into the sea during a storm. Instead of dying, Alika is reborn when she is saved by a man who would never hurt her. For the first time in her life, Alika feels desire and she never expected that. But, would Yahola be able to keep her safe?
Yahola has secluded himself on an island to pray and purify himself by spending time with his spirit helper. After seeing a woman drowning in the sea, Yahola assumes she is a gift from the spirits and goes to her rescue. The more time he spends with her, the clearer it becomes to Yahola that Alika must be his forever.
Two people’s lives are changed for the better when Mother Nature brings them together in Savage Storm. Vonna Harper’s description of Alika’s life as a slave captured my attention and made me feel as if I were in the story right beside the characters. Under such circumstances, it’s easy to understand why Alika wanted to end it all, but I am so glad fate threw a monkey wrench in her plans. I admit, I was somewhat confused over Yahola’s relationship with his spirit helper at first but by the end of this story, everything was much clearer. Yahola is a great man and warrior and he definitely earned my respect with his actions. I enjoyed the instant protectiveness he felt for Alika and the way he helped her to learn trust. These strong characters are both survivors and their story is one that must be read.
This story was previously available in the Storm Warnings anthology.
Author: Vonna Harper
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419922602
Genre: {M/F} Paranormal
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph
Death is the only way Alika feels she can escape her abusive master, so she jumps into the sea during a storm. Instead of dying, Alika is reborn when she is saved by a man who would never hurt her. For the first time in her life, Alika feels desire and she never expected that. But, would Yahola be able to keep her safe?
Yahola has secluded himself on an island to pray and purify himself by spending time with his spirit helper. After seeing a woman drowning in the sea, Yahola assumes she is a gift from the spirits and goes to her rescue. The more time he spends with her, the clearer it becomes to Yahola that Alika must be his forever.
Two people’s lives are changed for the better when Mother Nature brings them together in Savage Storm. Vonna Harper’s description of Alika’s life as a slave captured my attention and made me feel as if I were in the story right beside the characters. Under such circumstances, it’s easy to understand why Alika wanted to end it all, but I am so glad fate threw a monkey wrench in her plans. I admit, I was somewhat confused over Yahola’s relationship with his spirit helper at first but by the end of this story, everything was much clearer. Yahola is a great man and warrior and he definitely earned my respect with his actions. I enjoyed the instant protectiveness he felt for Alika and the way he helped her to learn trust. These strong characters are both survivors and their story is one that must be read.
This story was previously available in the Storm Warnings anthology.
No comments:
Post a Comment