Author: Vivian Arend
Publisher: Samhain
Publishing
Publisher URL: www.samhainpublishing.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-61921-556-6
Genre: {M/F}
Contemporary Paranormal Series
Rating: Golden Blush
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Release Date: 08-20-13
Talk about a rough
week—Caroline Bradley is having one. With a large group of rowdy bear-shifters
ready to overtake Takhini territory, as pack second in command, she’s busier
than ever. Then without warning, her alpha lover scents his mate, changing her
status. Caroline’s happy for Evan but it couldn’t come at a more inopportune
time—she needs to focus all her skills to keep the town from exploding.
As one of the
front-runners in the upcoming election, clan leader Tyler Harrison needs every
advantage possible. As a bachelor, he’s afraid for others to trust and vote for
him that he’ll need a female at his side, and Tyler picks Caroline for the role. She’s
strong, independent, sexy and has influence over nearly everyone in town, both
human and shifter alike. She’s what he needs and his bear shouldn’t agree more.
Diamond Dust is the newest release in Vivian Arend’s Takhini Wolves series. Because of
recurring characters and relationships, I recommend the books be read in order.
Where for me to begin?
How about with a general statement of how much I enjoyed this book. It’s hard
to believe, but for me this paranormal series just keeps getting better with
each new release. It has so many things
to recommend it—and I do. It has great characters you can care about, and they
even have well rounded personalities—way to go Ms. Arend. But that’s not all. It
also has a fast pace, an interesting premise with plenty of twists, vivid descriptions,
and a snappy dialogue that caused more than a few chuckles. And I can’t forget
all the wonderful secondary characters because this story is truly driven by how
their lives interact with Caroline and Tyler.
Despite all the things
going on in this story—the clan election and the Takhini pack—at its hearts
you’ll still find Caroline and Tyler. I like these two. They’re so different,
yet the same in so many ways and when they get together—watch out for the
sparks. Unlike many paranormal books, it’s not a quick I’ve found my mate book.
I’m pleased about the slower way in which the author got them together,
developing a relationship first.
So, as you can see, I’m
pretty happy with this entertaining story from beginning to end. I don’t know
who the focus of the next book will be but I have an idea it’ll likely be Evan
and I’ll be watching for its release. I hope you will be too.

No comments:
Post a Comment