Author:
Charlie Richards
Publisher:
eXtasy Books
Publishers
URL: http://www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-77111-561-2
Genre:
{M/M}, Paranormal, Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Raven
has been working for the scientists for years now, and while he has known for some
time that everything with them was not what it seemed, he saw no reason to
change. Then one day he smells something
wonderful coming from one of the labs and Raven’s life changes in more ways
than one.
I
was excited to see that Soldier of
Fortune’s Downfall, the newest book in the Wolves of Stone Ridge series, was going to be about Raven, and
wondered just how the author was going to make this ‘bad guy’ a hero. Raven is one of the scientists’ enhanced
soldiers and, from the time he first showed up, it was hard for me to make up
my mind about whether or not I liked him.
I have to say, I was surprised by some of the things we learn about
Raven and understand the soldier a little better now. It also means that watching the soldier go
from someone who only cares about himself to someone who needs to care for his
mate, made for some exciting reading.
Raven’s
mate is Liam, a young Artic Fox shifter who is being held by the
scientists. Readers know just what it
means the moment that Raven catches the fox’s scent and the fact that he will
need to rescue Liam means there will be a lot of action. While I was expecting the action, I was a
little surprised that Raven’s first thought was to turn to Declan and his pack
for help. There is a lot of tension
between the pack members and Raven, all of which is understandable. Watch for a lot of action once the rescue
mission starts.
Even
with Liam in fox form, it is easy to see the way Raven cares for the
shifter. When the young fox is in human
form, the attraction between the men is strong, yet while Raven knows the two are
mates, Liam has yet to figure it out.
That isn’t the only obstacle in the men’s path and I was a little
surprised that Raven did not catch on right away about the problems with Liam’s
Alpha. Raven has a lot of adjusting to
do now that he is part of the shifter world, rather than working with the
scientists, and I wish we could have seen a little more of that.
The
author also used Soldier of Fortune’s
Downfall to introduce a new twist to the series. I did not see this twist coming and when the
author did not show all of what happened, I was a little perturbed. I can’t wait to see what the outcome will be,
or how it will carry over to Kontra’s Menagerie. Because some of the topics carry over from
one story to the other as well as crossing series, I would recommend reading
the stories in order.

No comments:
Post a Comment