Author:
Charlie Richards
Publisher:
eXtasy Books
Publishers
URL: http://www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-77111-545-2
Genre:
{M/M}, Paranormal, Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Rueben
and his brother haven’t been very close lately, but when Ricky goes missing,
Rueben is determined to find him. What
he doesn’t expect is to find his brother holed up in a hotel with a bunch of
sexy men, or for one of those men to be his mate.
Fans
of the Kontra’s Menagerie series will
remember Ricky from an earlier story. In
Ruffling the Peacock’s Feathers,
Ricky’s brother Rueben shows up. Rueben
is the total opposite of Ricky. Being
gay aside, Rueben is easier going so when it becomes known that Lamar, the man
he has been having sex with for the last few hours, is a shape-shifter, he
isn’t as freaked as Ricky was when he found out.
This
does not mean theirs is an easy going relationship. The attraction between the two men is strong,
which for Lamar is understandable since he knows Rueben is his mate. For Rueben however, he does not quite
understand his need for the other man. I
like that, while Rueben goes into the situation thinking of Lamar as just a
one, maybe two night stand, he isn’t upset at the possibility of more. Readers will be a little surprised by the way
that these two bond. I love the unusual
method and found it a refreshing change from what we usually get. I also love that Lamar is a peacock rather
than something more aggressive. While I
love the more predatory shifters, the occasional switch up is a nice change,
especially when it is something not seen before. The conversation between the two men when
they meet up in the park was well done and I kept expecting to have someone
show up to see this big man talking to a peacock and wondered how Rueben would
handle the situation.
While
not all stories in the series need to be read in order, there are some aspects
that carryover from one book to the other, as well as crossovers between this
series and the Wolves of Stone Ridge,
that I would recommend that the reader read them as they come out.

No comments:
Post a Comment