Title:
Kallen’s Atonement
Author:
Stephani Hecht
Publisher:
eXtasy Books
Publishers
URL: http:/www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-77111-594-0
Genre:
{M/M}, Paranormal, Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Kallen’s
life within the Coalition is not going the way he hoped. Being a Hyena shifter, he really was not
expecting a lot, but he at least hoped to get closer to his brother. Not wanting to cause problems, Kallen puts up
with the abuse he receives from his fellow shifters, but he has a hard time not
feeling crushed by the actions of Drake, a tiger shifter.
I
really enjoyed Kallen’s Atonement,
the latest The Lost Shifters story,
by author Stephani Hecht. Once again,
the author brings the readers an unusual pairing in the form of Kallen and
Drake. Theirs is not an easy
relationship as Kallen is a little leery about entering into a relationship
with the tiger shifter. I could
understand where Kallen was coming from, especially after the way some of the
other Coalition members had been treating him.
I had forgotten that Kallen was Gage’s brother so I could not believe
that Gage took so long to stand up for him.
I did like that Gage went out of his way to clear things up, however.
While
I was able to understand Kallen’s concerns regarding starting a new
relationship, I could also see where Drake was coming from. I was glad that he
decided to take the advice of Kallen’s few friends about how to win the younger
shifter over.
The
author takes the readers on an action packed journey as these two men try to
find their happily ever after. A lot of
previous characters stop by to give Kallen and Drake advice, which at times,
will make you laugh. I love seeing old
friends and especially loved the way the author introduced a little twist
regarding two old characters at the end of this story.
Kallen’s Atonement is the 25th story in
this long running series. While some
series would start to feel a little old about now, the author continues to make
each new story exciting and fresh while leaving the reader wanting more. While it is not always necessary to read this
series in order, there is information that carries over from one book to the
other.

No comments:
Post a Comment