Author:
Stephani Hecht
Publisher:
eXtasy Books
Publishers
URL: http://www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-77111-544-5
Genre:
{M/M}, Paranormal, Series
Rating:
4.5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Caley
can’t believe he’s seeking refuge with a wolf pack. Years ago wolves killed his family so he
knows that they can be viscous creatures. So when the new assassins show up, he can’t
believe how drawn to their leader he is.
Grey is everything he could ever want in a mate; now Caley has to make
peace with how his feelings for wolves are changing.
The Angry Dove and the Assassin is the latest addition to the Wayne County Wolves series. The assassins Shane found to help the pack
have finally shown up and just in time too.
I love that the author continues to enlarge the world in which her
stories take place. These new characters
bring a lot of history with them, some of which we get the chance to see as
Grey becomes Caley’s love interest. With
Grey being an assassin, the reader knows to expect a little craziness from him,
but actually he is tamer than what I was expecting. He is definitely all alpha male, however, and
I like the way he clicks with Caley.
While
Caley lives with Chris’ pack, and designs clothes for a lot of them, he has
kept to himself since moving in. It is
easy to understand why the Dove shifter is leery about forming attachments with
the wolves after what had happened to his family. However, that all changes when he meets
Grey. The attraction between them is
strong and I like the way they acknowledge the fact that they’re mates without
drawing it out over a long period of time.
To
keep the story from becoming too light, however, the author brings back Rand,
who causes more than his share of trouble.
The author uses this time to introduce the next group of troublemakers,
as well as possible problem areas for the pack. I like that the author introduces new
situations into the series, as it keeps the Wayne
County Wolves series fresh and the reader coming back for more. I also like the twist she threw in regarding
Cassie and can see it becoming a major series plot line issue.
While
it is not always necessary to read the series in order, I would recommend it as
it gives you a chance to learn about the various characters in the series.

No comments:
Post a Comment