Title: Following the
Law
Author: Nicole Dennis
Publisher: Pride
Publishing
Publisher URL: www.pride-publishing.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-78430-763-9
Genre: {M/M}
Contemporary Series
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Crime’s on the rise in
the coastal town of Shore Breeze
and the most serious unsolved case is the poisoning of Samuel Ashford. Finding
the person responsible is Sheriff Robin Burke’s top priority, but the case is
growing cold and the lack of leads is driving him nuts. What Robin doesn’t know
is that Beau Courtenay has returned to town and it’s is going to change his
life, personally and professionally.
When his father became
ill, Beau left for London
to get his father’s business in order. Now he’s back in town and when he gets home,
Beau finds his good-for-nothing half-brother inside. Dealing with his brother
is only one of his problems. Beau has work to catch up on and there are a huge
number of computer problems all over town, including those at the Southern
Charm. The unexpected surprise distracting Beau from his work? Sexy Sheriff
Robin.
Following the Law is the fifth release in the Southern Charm series by Nicole Dennis. Due to the numerous
recurring characters and ongoing plot line, I recommend the books be read in
order.
As the blurb states,
Robin’s disturbed about Samuel Ashford’s poisoning case and I admit I’m
thrilled this previously dangling plot thread is one of the features of this complex
story line. There’s plenty to keep your attention, even if there isn’t a great
deal of sizzling chemistry between Robin and Beau. The author has introduced a
character trait I haven’t encountered in fiction before—asexuality. It’s obvious from the sensitive conversations
between the men that vast amount of research has been done. Well done, Ms.
Dennis.
I enjoyed getting to
know Robin and Beau. The author did a nice job rounding out their personalities
and I liked their bantering dialogue, making their scenes fun and lively.
Admittedly there isn’t much conflict in their growing romance but with so many
things going on in the plot there isn’t much time for it—and I didn’t miss it. There’s
still time for being together and cuddling, even in the midst of trying to
solve a couple of mysteries.
The author did a great
job integrating the previous characters, some of them playing vital roles
because of the unresolved mystery. The details are vivid, it’s fast paced and
there are plenty of twists to keep you reading. Overall I’m very pleased with this
release and am happy with how the poisoning plot line is resolved. I look
forward to the next release.

No comments:
Post a Comment