Title: Oblige
Author: Viola Grace
Publisher: eXtasy Books
Publisher
URL: www.extasybooks.com
ISBN/BIN: 978-1-4874-0408-6
Genre: {M/F}, Sci-Fi, Space Opera, Series
Rating:
5 Nymphs
Literary
Nymphs Reviewer: Amazon Nymph
Lilia
ends up adopted by the family she is working for in order to compete in a rite
that will determine who will control the forests for the next ten years. One member of the other family has employed
underhanded tactics to win, but Lilia ends up with another family member,
Xeric, when he steps up to the plate.
What happens is unexpected.
The
26th book of the Terran Times
Second Wave series, Oblige, is
different with the aspect that Lilia doesn’t have to undergo any alterations of
her genetics at all. Her talent of
service is all that was needed when she volunteered. I was surprised by how easy it was for the
Zels to adopt Lilia. This was one of the more interesting aspects of the
society that the author created in this book.
Xeric
is called back from his duties as a forest ranger to compete in the rite. Everyone is surprised, especially since Lilia
ends up evading Xeric a lot longer than expected. I enjoyed the way they ended up bargaining
for Lilia’s business sense, instead of the usual sexual service expected. Both Lilia and Xeric are attracted to each
other and end up with an arrangement both families are happy with.
Xeric’s
brother has almost run the family business to the ground and what happens after
Lilia is at the family compound brings things to a head. I liked that the family supported Lilia and
Xeric. I had to laugh at what happened
at the dinner scene and why it happened.
The
author indicated that this is the end of the ‘O’ series and will start the ‘P’
series. I have been enjoying this series
and will be reading Oblige again as
I enjoyed some of the banter between the characters.

No comments:
Post a Comment