
Title: One More Word
Author: Dallas Coleman
Publisher: Torquere Press
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: N/A
Genre: Contemporary, M/M
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Caen Nymph
Henley is sick and tired of writing love stories. He doesn’t believe in them, but all his editor wants from him are weddings and babies. So when Henley gets a call from his ex-boyfriend, Jack, he does what he always does and goes to him, despite his ex being a liar and a cheater. However, this time Jack has something to say – but will Henley give him the chance?
I am quite the fan of Dallas Coleman, only because the author has fresh ideas and a very good voice. One More Word is an interesting piece and one that has some very fascinating characters. Henley is a writer – busy writing stories about couples in love. He isn’t feeling the romance after being burned by his ex-boyfriend. Henley is very amusing and even more so because the story is written in his point of view. Henley’s cheating ex-boyfriend Jack only comes into play near the end; however the description of the man was very good. I felt like I knew him for the short time he was introduced, and it wasn’t just because of the extensive detailing on Jack’s appearance. If there is one thing I would criticise, it is the ‘one-word’ sentence use. I despise that technique. I believe the author could have used a simple sentence to describe the emotions, instead of breaking three or so words into separate sentences. It does not add appeal or any charm to the story overall. However, despite my one qualm, I highly enjoyed this story and I do hope the author decides to visit Jack and Henley again.
Henley is sick and tired of writing love stories. He doesn’t believe in them, but all his editor wants from him are weddings and babies. So when Henley gets a call from his ex-boyfriend, Jack, he does what he always does and goes to him, despite his ex being a liar and a cheater. However, this time Jack has something to say – but will Henley give him the chance?
I am quite the fan of Dallas Coleman, only because the author has fresh ideas and a very good voice. One More Word is an interesting piece and one that has some very fascinating characters. Henley is a writer – busy writing stories about couples in love. He isn’t feeling the romance after being burned by his ex-boyfriend. Henley is very amusing and even more so because the story is written in his point of view. Henley’s cheating ex-boyfriend Jack only comes into play near the end; however the description of the man was very good. I felt like I knew him for the short time he was introduced, and it wasn’t just because of the extensive detailing on Jack’s appearance. If there is one thing I would criticise, it is the ‘one-word’ sentence use. I despise that technique. I believe the author could have used a simple sentence to describe the emotions, instead of breaking three or so words into separate sentences. It does not add appeal or any charm to the story overall. However, despite my one qualm, I highly enjoyed this story and I do hope the author decides to visit Jack and Henley again.
No comments:
Post a Comment