Monday, May 11, 2009

Seeds of Time 1: Blue Roses


Title: Seeds of Time 1: Blue Roses
Author: G.S. Wiley
Publisher: Torquere Press
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-702-2
Genre: Gay Erotic Romance, Contemporary, M/M
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Simon finds himself in an age-old predicament, when he discovers his boyfriend’s web of deceit. Brokenhearted Simon tries to move forward but his pain is evident to those who love him. His sister decides he deserves happiness and buys him a potion guaranteed to show Simon his true love. Simon’s opinion of the potion and its creator alters from doubter to true believer when he finds himself in the past.

Simon is a sweet man who illustrates realistic traits through action and behavior. He’s just like any other ordinary person who seeks love and acceptance. The extent of his boyfriend Adrian’s betrayal was enough to make me want to horsewhip him. I could feel the emotions coursing through Simon and my heart went out to him. G.S. Wiley did a wonderful job transitioning between the two periods. I felt as if I was standing next to Simon when he stepped out to discover his new surroundings. I’ll admit I was proud of his reaction through it all. Seeds of Time 1: Blue Roses was a wonderful way to begin a series, and I’m looking forward to reading more about the character and seeing what his next step will be.

No comments: