
Title: Blind Desire
Author: I.D. Locke
Publisher: Torquere Press
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-722-0
Genre: Paranormal M/M
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Caen Nymph
Ryzel never expected to get caught having a meal but that’s what happens when the incubus is caught red-handed at the back of an alley. Surprisingly, Ryzel takes a fancy to his captor and does his level best to get into the man’s pants. Quinlin knew he should have kept his nose out of trouble; now he has an incubus after him. He doesn’t know if he should be flattered or scared.
Author: I.D. Locke
Publisher: Torquere Press
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-722-0
Genre: Paranormal M/M
Rating: 3.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Caen Nymph
Ryzel never expected to get caught having a meal but that’s what happens when the incubus is caught red-handed at the back of an alley. Surprisingly, Ryzel takes a fancy to his captor and does his level best to get into the man’s pants. Quinlin knew he should have kept his nose out of trouble; now he has an incubus after him. He doesn’t know if he should be flattered or scared.
Ryzel knows what he wants, but Quinlin is doing his level best to avoid the incubus. However, it seems fate has a lot more in store for these two.
Blind Desire is a good book, and even more so because it’s one of the few paranormal stories I have read this year that I have actually enjoyed. For the most part, I think the author did well with the setting of the story. The world building was solid and it allowed the story to flow progressively well. I liked the myths the author chose to use and how well the questions asked were answered. In some sense, it almost came off as education in a fictional format, which was quite interesting. Reading Blind Desires almost felt more like a learning experience at times. In essence, the world building and the structure of the story was solid as was the premise, which was both informative and pleasant to read.
The characters, however, were touch and go for me. Quinlin is blind and has a very touchy personality. He’s prickly and doesn’t take any nonsense which, at times, was appealing, yet highly annoying at other times. I found Quinlin too abrasive and melodramatic at times. Ryzel, on the other hand, was sweet and I felt Quinlin made him jump through hoops a little too much. Sometimes Quinlin came off more demonic than Ryzel in his attitude.
Blind Desire is a good book; however, it didn’t catch my full attention and I think, at times, there was too much detailing and information dumping, which resulted in its downfall. I really liked Ryzel but couldn’t come to care much for Quinlin, due to his dramatic personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment