Thursday, June 18, 2009

Eyes of a Stranger


Title: Eyes of a Stranger
Author: Tracy Cooper-Posey
Publisher: Cerridwen Press
Publisher URL: http://www.jasminejade.com/
ISBN: 9781419919701
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Goddess Minx

Emotionally stressed, Anastasia Kirk is leading a life not of her own making and she is headed for a breakdown, without realizing it. Part of her problem is David, her fiancé’s best friend. He makes her realize that the life she’s planned is not the one for her and the relationship with her father is lacking. In the end, she reveals her true feeling to David, and comes to grips with the need to focus on herself more.

David Morgan has finally made his way to his best friend’s engagement party. When he finds out that the fiancé is Anastasia, the woman he met the night before and found himself strongly attracted to, he is shocked. Although he knew Anastasia would not change her plans, he was determined to help her see the truth about how the two most important men in her life controlled her. Despite the fact that David planned on leaving the country, he stays and helps her come to accept the true feelings she has for him.

While reading Eyes of a Stranger, I kept asking myself why Anastasia was torturing herself so much and about half way through the book, the answer became very clear - she is her mother’s child. There were times I wanted to shake or smack her, saying wake up and do what makes you happy! When Anastasia and David finally reach the point where they finally make love, I was thinking…okay what she going to do now?

Ms. Cooper-Posey has done a wonderful job of expressing how easily we can get caught up in what happens, when we concern ourselves with what others want. The secondary characters add the finishing touches to help bring out the true feelings of Anastasia, her fiancé, father, and David. I look forward to reading other books by this author.

2 comments:

Tracy Cooper-Posey said...

Thank you for the lovely review. I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome Tracy, and I await your next book!