
Title: Jealous Lover
Author: Brandi Michaels
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.samhainpublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60504-584-9
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 1.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Caen Nymph
Crystal fell in love, only to have her broken. Now three years later, she has become someone else but when Demetrius comes to one of her parties, she can’t help but be drawn to him again. Together, Crystal and Demetrius fall into a business relationship laced with lust but will Crystal be able to keep her heart out of trouble?
Jealous Lover does not start on the right foot for me; the first few pages are what I consider information dumping. Too much detailing on what Demetrius looked like and what Crystal was wearing just seemed irrelevant to me. I’m one of those readers that prefers detailing to be done throughout the story, as opposed to be given all of it in one go. Secondly, I found the characters to be one-dimensional and very irritating. Crystal, who should have walked away from Demetrius after what he had accused her off, was only too happy to fall back into bed with him. Demetrius came off as too robotic for me and I felt no connection with him, nor did I want to because his actions were not likable. The sex scenes were awkward to read – and the flowery prose became too much at times. Lastly I did not buy into the quick happily-ever-after ending; three years of heartache is too much to forget, and I found their happy ending too contrived.
Unfortunately Jealous Lover does not live up to its name; it wasn’t intense and I was waiting for the jealousy storyline that didn’t come up. It didn’t work for me on any level but I’m sure they may be a potential audience for this story.
Crystal fell in love, only to have her broken. Now three years later, she has become someone else but when Demetrius comes to one of her parties, she can’t help but be drawn to him again. Together, Crystal and Demetrius fall into a business relationship laced with lust but will Crystal be able to keep her heart out of trouble?
Jealous Lover does not start on the right foot for me; the first few pages are what I consider information dumping. Too much detailing on what Demetrius looked like and what Crystal was wearing just seemed irrelevant to me. I’m one of those readers that prefers detailing to be done throughout the story, as opposed to be given all of it in one go. Secondly, I found the characters to be one-dimensional and very irritating. Crystal, who should have walked away from Demetrius after what he had accused her off, was only too happy to fall back into bed with him. Demetrius came off as too robotic for me and I felt no connection with him, nor did I want to because his actions were not likable. The sex scenes were awkward to read – and the flowery prose became too much at times. Lastly I did not buy into the quick happily-ever-after ending; three years of heartache is too much to forget, and I found their happy ending too contrived.
Unfortunately Jealous Lover does not live up to its name; it wasn’t intense and I was waiting for the jealousy storyline that didn’t come up. It didn’t work for me on any level but I’m sure they may be a potential audience for this story.
No comments:
Post a Comment