Title: Dead
End
Author: Stephen
Osborne
Publisher:
Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: www.dreamspinnerpress.com
ISBN/BIN:
978-1-63216-028-7
Genre: {M/M}
Paranormal Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs
Reviewer: Dragon Minx
Duncan Andrews is an
ordinary private investigator with a special talent—he sees ghosts—so he tends
to specialize in paranormal cases. He also has some unusual helpers. His best
friend, Gina, is a witch, his dog’s a zombie and his boyfriend, Ro bbie, who has been hanging around for ten years—as
a ghost.
When the house Ro bbie’s cousin, Jason, inherits turns out to be
haunted by the malevolent spirit of a serial killer, Duncan thinks it will be a regular banishing.
He’s wrong and almost gets killed. It’s tough getting rid of a spirit that’s
had decades to take over a house. Then there’s Duncan ’s other problems. A witch hunter’s
group intends to kill Gina, and Ro bbie
is thinking of passing to the other side. Can Duncan stop a serial killer ghost before he
hurts someone, keep Gina alive and convince Ro bbie
to stay? It’s a tall order, and could get Duncan
killed, but he has to try.
Dead End is the latest release by Stephen Osborne in his paranormal series, Duncan Andrews Thrillers. Be aware that
with the recurring characters and relationships, it would be beneficial to read
the books in order.
I was thrilled when I
saw that another book in this fun and entertaining series had been released—and
I wasn’t disappointed. It has everything a good read needs—characters with
interesting personalities, a little angsty romance, good friends, action and
danger, all within a well written and paced plot.
Yes, as expected you’ll
find a paranormal investigation, but it never overpowers the personal stuff.
There’s a nice balance of Duncan
and his life with Ro bbie, and his
friends and what’s going on in their lives. And truthfully in some places the
dialogue is funny. I mean make me chuckle out loud while my husband is driving
funny. Best of all there’s enough surprises to keep you guessing and the pages
turning. The most shocking one comes near the very end—and no, I’m not telling.
Just know that it will change Duncan
and Ro bbie’s world, and I can’t wait
to see what happens next. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment