Title:
Second
Skin
Author:
Genna Donaghy
Publisher:
Musa Publishing
Publishers
URL: http://musapublishing.com
ISBN/BIN:
9781619376823
Genre:
{M/M}, Mystery, Paranormal, Series
Rating:
4 Nymphs
Literary
Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph
Shane
is used to the order he found in the military but he’s ready to leave the
closet so decides to leave the military.
Finding a job isn’t going as smoothly as he thought it would so when his
brother’s girlfriend gives him a lead, he jumps at it. It doesn’t take Shane long to wonder just
what the hell he got himself in to and if there is any way he will make it back
out alive.
Second Skin is an interesting new book by
author Genna Donaghy, and is the first book in the author’s series, Skinwalker Detective Agency. I’m going to be honest and say I had a little
trouble getting into the story at first, but after making my way through the first
two chapters I found myself hooked. The
characters, both main and secondary, are interesting, and, at times, it is hard
to figure out just who the good guys are, which makes the mystery aspect of
this story fun.
I
think readers will be drawn to Shane and Jamison, who are the main characters
of Second Skin. The way they meet is over the top and
different from anything I have seen before.
There is no instant connection or chemistry that readers are used to,
which is easily understandable given the circumstances. Things move swiftly however, and the two soon
go from strangers to friends to lovers.
Second Skin is also steeped in mystery, with
many little twists and turns to keep the reader wondering what is
happening. There were a couple of twists
I did not see coming and think other readers will be just as surprised. The author wraps up the story in a way that
leaves the reader waiting to see what will happen next. I’m glad I ended up giving this story a
chance, and think other readers should as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment