
Book Title: Beautiful Disaster
Author: J.M. Snyder
Publisher: Amber Allure
Publisher URL: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/
ISBN: 978-1-60272-418-1
Genre: Gay / Contemporary / The Arts / Series
Nymph Rating: 3 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Caen Nymph
2ICE is the biggest pop duo around, made up of best friends Cory and Ian. They’ve got the life many dream off; sold-out tours and platinum albums. But both men know something is missing from their lives.
Corey spends his time having as much sex as he can, with all his female fans. Ian drinks himself to oblivion as he watches the man he loves give himself away freely. But when Corey finally wakes up and realises the only person he truly cares about and trusts is his best friend, he decides that it’s time to change his life.
What I found interesting about Beautiful Disaster is how co-dependent Ian was. He was the sole reason for why I enjoyed the story as much as I did. J.M. Snyder has a knack for writing broken characters, which make you want to psychologically analyse them. Ian was so dependent on his love for Corey that he couldn’t see anything beyond that. He had a life as a pop star that many could only dream off, but he could have cared less. He spent more time getting drunk than anything else.
The premise was largely about not always getting what you want or need, and whilst this story does end with a happily-for-now theory; the author really does make her characters work for their happiness. Arguably I did find Ian to be too melodramatic at times, and the dialogue to be a bit stunted with the over-cliché ‘I love you’ sentiments. But the author did a good job with this story, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
2ICE is the biggest pop duo around, made up of best friends Cory and Ian. They’ve got the life many dream off; sold-out tours and platinum albums. But both men know something is missing from their lives.
Corey spends his time having as much sex as he can, with all his female fans. Ian drinks himself to oblivion as he watches the man he loves give himself away freely. But when Corey finally wakes up and realises the only person he truly cares about and trusts is his best friend, he decides that it’s time to change his life.
What I found interesting about Beautiful Disaster is how co-dependent Ian was. He was the sole reason for why I enjoyed the story as much as I did. J.M. Snyder has a knack for writing broken characters, which make you want to psychologically analyse them. Ian was so dependent on his love for Corey that he couldn’t see anything beyond that. He had a life as a pop star that many could only dream off, but he could have cared less. He spent more time getting drunk than anything else.
The premise was largely about not always getting what you want or need, and whilst this story does end with a happily-for-now theory; the author really does make her characters work for their happiness. Arguably I did find Ian to be too melodramatic at times, and the dialogue to be a bit stunted with the over-cliché ‘I love you’ sentiments. But the author did a good job with this story, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment