Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cajun Magic


Book Title: Cajun Magic
Author: Dana Littlejohn
Publisher: Red Rose Publishing
Publisher URL: https://www.redrosepublishing.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60435-105-7
Genre: Interracial/Multicultural, Paranormal
Nymph Rating: 3 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Silver Minx


Gerald Dixon is a wounded cop recovering in New Orleans from being shot while working. Before leaving to recover, he was asked to retire early. This means he is tired, confused and sore. Then he meets Margarita Malveaux.

Margarita is a ghost who died in the late 1800’s. She was murdered by voodoo and needs help to be set free. According to an old woman Gerald meets, he is the one that Margarita needs to be set free. Can he handle the challenges of setting Margarita free?

Cajun Magic was a surprisingly good story. The idea of a wounded cop who only believes the facts helping a ghost was something I haven’t read before. I liked the new twist on interracial romances. The only issues I had were it was sometimes hard to follow the story because there were things not explained. Other than that it was a good story. Good job!

No comments: