Monday, November 24, 2008

Leave Me Breathless


Book Title: Leave Me Breathless
Author: Trista Ann Michaels
Publisher: Loose ID
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.com/
ISBN: 9781596327290
Genre: BDSM, Suspense, Ménage
Nymph Rating: 2.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Amazon Nymph

N.C.I.S. officers Mitch Robbins, a former Navy Seal and Jake Bradley, a computer specialist and M.I.T. graduate, have shared everything including women. Now they're guarding Tessa Williams, the civilian scientist in charge of a massive military project. Tessa is the woman they both loved in the past, that got away. Now they want her back. Together they seduce Tessa but she will have to decide which one she wants in the end. She wants them both is the problem.

At the start when Tessa is talking with her assistant, a reference to “father-in-law” is made. I had to go back to the beginning to reread to that point because I thought I had missed something. This reference is actually referring to Tessa’s father. I also noticed some procedural errors that Mitch didn’t do that would have been second nature to him as a SEAL.

The danger of Tessa being kidnapped is the plot that brings Tessa, Jake and Mitch together. I felt that this plot was not well developed and was actually an afterthought. It was disjointed at times. I sometimes lost the thread when the story bounced back to the threat.

The author gave just enough background to lay the foundation of the relationship between Tessa, Jake and Mitch. She did an excellent job conveying Tessa’s guilt about loving both men. Part of Tessa’s dilemma was guilt about her feelings for both men. She received added stress when Jake and Mitch let her know that she would have to make a choice between them after the threat to her was past. I felt I was actually there witnessing Tessa’s turmoil. Ms. Marshall’s description of the strained friendship between Jake and Mitch is good as well. Jake and Mitch slowly come to realize they are hurting Tessa by insisting that she choose between them. Ultimately all three accept a ménage relationship.

Ms. Marshall developed this part of her story very well. The title, Leave Me Breathless, is very apt as the sex was so hot I found myself going for ice cubes, fanning myself and breathing heavily at times. Readers that like ménage will definitely want to read this one.

No comments: