Monday, May 5, 2008

Dancing on the Wind




Book Title: Dancing on the Wind
Author: Charlotte Boyett-Compo
Publisher: Ellora's Cave Publishing
Publisher URL: http://www.ellorascave.com/
ISBN: 978-1-41991-5-178
Genre: Romantic Shapeshifter
Nymph Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

Agent Mikhail Fallon is an Alpha Reaper with a single minded agenda – to stay Extension (partner) free. Too bad the Supervisor has other ideas. They have done an extensive search and are sure that Keenan is just what the Reaper with the attitude needs.

Keenan McCullough is a primary channeller, what those outside the Exchange would call a psychic. She knows from the first glance she’s attracted to Mikhail, but isn’t looking for any permanent attachments. A few rolls in the hay is one thing but bonding, well that a horse of another color.

The chemistry is mutual and the bonding is immediate. The twosome find themselves surround by an ex-lover, a hopeful suitor, and a crazy mother. And while they are combating the evil trying to harm citizens, they have no idea of the real threat is right under their noses.

Dancing on the Wind brings us up close and personal to a modern day Reaper. Mikhail is tall, dark, and dangerous with a libido to put a seventeen year old to shame. He has years of skills that come in handy inside and outside of the bedroom. Keenan is small, feisty, and determined. Her beauty is personified internally and externally. Mikhail had no idea love would hit him so hard, or that Keenan could put such a strong hold on his heart. Watching these two was like watching firecrackers explode for no apparent reason. You know there has to be a match causing them to react; you just never know when it’s going to touch the wire. Charlotte Boyett-Compo has become one of my favorite authors. Mrs. Boyett-Compo’s Reaper stories never leave you wanting. The characters are well written and the plot and scenery always pull you into the novel. She combines a bit of suspense, drama, horror, action and erotic play to keep you on your toes. I have never been disappointed with one of her stories and that holds true with Dancing on the Wind. If you enjoy the genre or the Reaper series, you are in for a delightful treat.

2 comments:

windworldwriter said...

I am so thrilled with the award for DANCING WITH THE WIND but more than that, I am honored you enjoyed my novel. I have a bigtime crush on Fallon so I'm happy you saw right through his bravado to his aching heart.

Thank you. I am proud to put this review up on DOTW's reviews page.

Anonymous said...

See! Its notes like that that puts tears in my eyes. Thank you SO much for the positive feedback on my review. I have to admit I love ALL of your books. Your characters, setting, themes are always wonderfully arranged and suck me right in from the first paragraph!