Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Secrets Given


Book Title: Secrets Given
Author: Chris Owen
Publisher: Torquere
Publisher URL: http://www.torquerebooks.com/
ISBN: 978-1-60370-428-1
Genre: Gay Contemporary
Nymph Rating: 2 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Caen Nymph


Kris is a gifted photographer but he hates what the fashion world stands for. So when he does one last favor for a colleague, he expects a thorough but quick finish. Instead he meets Lane, a man he can’t get out of his head.

Lane was at the right place at the right time but when he and Kris part ways, he can’t forget the man. So when their paths cross again, they decide it may just be worth it to be together.

Secrets Given started off with a bang; the first few pages were filled with angry characters with a sense of urgency and that’s what pulled me in. However as I continued to read on, the surge of urgency wore off into confusion. Kris is the standard artistic drama queen and whilst I have no problem with that in general, I really didn’t understand his hatred of the world he had (assumingly) worked a long time in. Lane wasn’t a part of the story much; he was more of an enigma. So I couldn’t form any connection with him. Overall Secrets Given was not my cup of tea. But the first few pages held a lot of potential.

No comments: