Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Spy Something Bloody


Book Title: I Spy Something Bloody
Author: Josh Lanyon
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL: http://www.loose-id.net/
ISBN: 978-1-59632-710-8
Genre: LGBT Erotic Contemporary
Nymph Rating: 4 nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Woodland Nymph

Mark has been injured and wants to go home. That may be a little difficult for him to do as his ex-lover Stephen isn’t waiting to greet him with open arms. At the age of twenty nine, Mark is a spy for an unknown government agency and was beaten up pretty badly when his latest mission went wrong. He left Stephen for one more mission, which turned into eleven missions over a period of two plus years. Mark’s never forgotten Stephen though. He’s always loved Stephen and just wants to come home and work things out.

Stephen is a doctor and recently celebrated his fiftieth birthday. He’s torn about Mark coming back to his family’s home in the Shenandoah Valley. After waiting for Mark for two years, Stephen’s finally started to move on with his life and is seeing another man.

I Spy Something Bloody is a wonderfully written, emotional story of love lost and one man’s determination to re-gain that love. Mark is a complex and fascinating character who has to deal with a lot of pain, both emotionally and physically, in order to try to move on with his life. I liked him right from the start. Josh Lanyon has done a fantastic job in bringing such depth of character to Mark and moved me to tears on a couple occasions. You can’t help but sympathize with Stephen and the emotional struggle he goes through, but as the story is told from Mark’s point of view, the reader doesn’t get to know Stephen as well as one might like. I highly recommend this book to fans of the m/m genre and to fans who like a little action and intrigue with their romance.

No comments: