Sunday, August 17, 2008

Western Wind - Black Moon Reaper


Book Title: Western Wind - Black Moon Reaper
Author: Charlotte Boyett-Compo
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher URL: http://www.ellorascave.com/
ISBN: 9781419916205
Genre: Futuristic
Nymph Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

All the Reapers have a past, as well as a painful final path that has led them to their current life. Lord Phelan Kiel is no exception. A twist of love gone wrong and jealousy pushed him to death’s hands and into the Triune Goddess’ claws. Phelan has eluded love and become content with the few physical encounters he allows to occur. For years, his fellow Reapers have wondered about Phelan’s sexual preference and they will be shocked when it’s finally determined.

Charlotte Boyett-Compo has finally put Phelan’s preferences out for everyone to see in Western Wind - Black Moon Reaper. I’ll be the first to admit I wasn’t shocked in the least, but learning of Lord Kheelan’s past was beyond what I expected. The Goddess truly is starting to disturb me a bit; I wish that woman could find a man who would help her leave everyone else’s alone. It’s a shame but I like Lord Kheelan more, and that’s saying a lot. The introduction of a new Reaper, Gunman Fontabeau Sorn, and a WindWarrior, Desdon Brell, brings new blood to the popular series. Not to mention, a Madame by the name of Lucy who is as feisty and fiercely protective as she is beautiful. Ms. Boyett-Compo has kept this series interesting and far from the mundane. The new characters are just as fascinating as the original characters, and give me hope that this series will have a long life ahead of it. Fantastic book Ms. Boyett-Compo, and I’m looking forward to the next installment.

No comments: