Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cut & Run


Book Title: Cut & Run
Author: Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-935192-23-7
Genre: Gay Contemporary
Nymph Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Caen Nymph


New York has been hit with a number of murders that has the police and the FBI stumped. But when two FBI agents get killed in the process of the investigation, the FBI sends in two of their agents to crack the case.

Special Agent Ty Grady, a former Marine and now agent, is pulled into the case alongside Special Agent Zane Garret, who has been ‘promoted’ from his previous job. But when both men meet each other, it’s hate on first sight. Both men try to bear with each other, whilst the killer plays games and tries to kill them. But in between all the destruction around them, both men come together in a surprising move. But will their tender relationship harm them in the long run and who is this killer who seems to know their every step so well?

Wow.

This is one story you can really get in. I devoured this book in two days. The story is so suspenseful and thrilling that you literally need to catch your breath. The prose is tight, finely constructed and well executed. The mystery is well concealed and the investigation process is written in so much detail that it feels like you’re actually there. The plot and the setting were well done and I highly appreciate the realistic nature of the surroundings in this book.

The characters were just phenomenal, tortured and beaten and not the cliché standards, either. Ty and Zane were so heartbreakingly beautiful and so realistic that these two will go down as two of the most fascinating characters written in this genre.

This is an emotional story about broken pasts and uncertain futures. But Cut & Run is a story that must be read. You will get emotionally invested in this thrilling adventure, and I swear you’ll want to see this on the big screen, because I surely do. An amazing story that had me on the first page.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't thank you enough for such an incredible review. Abigail and I put so much love, sweat and tears into this, and I'm thrilled that it's coming across.

Unknown said...

You're welcome!

You two wrote an amazing story, and one that deserves all the praise it can get.

Thank you for writing and sharing this story. You guys are fantastic storytellers, and I'll make sure to tell all my friends about this book.

♥ Caen Nymph

Aunt Lynn said...

I, too, pimp this and Caught Running wherever I go. My own review of Cut & Run on Amazon echos yours almost exactly, even mentioning that it would make a fabulous film. Excellent review, excellent book.

Unknown said...

Thank you lz@cp. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I can totally see this on the screen. Maybe here! should have a read, lol. But it is a fantastic book. The detailing is what blew me away, just as much as the characters ♥