Saturday, June 18, 2011

All Wrapped Up Volume 1

Title:  All Wrapped Up Volume 1
Author:  Angela Knight, Ann Jacobs, Dakota Cassidy, Kate Hill
Publisher:  Changeling Press, LLC
Publisher URL:
ISBN:  978-1-60521-552-5
Genre:  {M/F}, BDSM, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Anthology
Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer:  Amazon Nymph 

Blood Service by Angela Knight - 4.5 Nymphs 

Adiva is captured by Vigilante, a vampire bounty hunter you do not want on your case. 

I actually enjoyed this story though I would have liked some explanations about the levels of dominance and submission that were mentioned in the book.  Reading this story was timely since there is so much unrest with people trying to overthrow the current government in several countries. 

Branded by Ann Jacobs - 4.5 Nymphs 

Cole’s sister has a friend named Amber that ends up being branded by a sadistic Dom.  Cole tried to protect Amber and his sister by accepting exile after he is caught trying to stop Dex. 

I thought the author had a very creative imagination by making Obsidion a haven for those that practiced BDSM.  She captured the misunderstanding that some people have regarding BDSM in this story, and tried to show that there are so many levels and practices within the BDSM community. 

Slave School Dropout by Dakota Cassidy - 3 Nymphs 

Nyla has always thought Lucas was her friend until one day she notices his scent, which is a sign she has found her lifemate.  Nyla accepts this after a lot of kicking and screaming. 

I disliked Nyla so much, I wanted to slap her silly.  I think she was the whiniest shifter I ever read about.  I actually know a young lady that is so self-centered that she whines and complains about everything to the point you try to avoid her.  I found it hard to swallow that Lucas would be as patient as he was about it.  I did find some humor in the fact that her mother ended up explaining what BDSM was. 

Tainted Kisses by Kate Hill - 4.5 Nymphs

Etlu was taken from his mother’s womb and raised by his foster father, then tortured by his foster father and others in the community.  Niabi was in disguise and slated for death after a battle that she lost. 

Reading this story, I can understand why Etlu did what he did after he discovered Niabi was a woman.  Because I think we all want to be a better person, a man wanting to change and explore other avenues is something we can all relate to.  The way the author went about doing this in the book was great and I really enjoyed seeing the transformation. 

All Wrapped Up is pretty good overall.  There were things I would have liked to know about and I really could have missed reading one story.  Three of these authors I have read other stories and books and thought these stories were just as wonderful as those others.  This was the first time I have read a story by Ms. Cassidy and while I may try to read another one by her, I did not enjoy her story, though I know some friends who enjoy her writing.  All in all, this was a good book for any BDSM lover’s bookshelf.

No comments: