Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Love of a Mate

Title: The Love of a Mate
Author: Kim Dare
Publisher: Total E-Bound
Publisher URL:
ISBN: 978-0-85715-567-2
Genre: {M/M} Shape-shifter, BDSM, Series
Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Dragon Minx 

Caden’s always been able to use a smile or even a little flirting to get any wolf to do just about anything he wants. So when he decides that Alfred is the mate for him, he knows he’ll need every trick of seduction he’s learned to tame the pack troublemaker and turn him into a mate worthy of taking control of their relationship. Unfortunately the other members of the pack don’t understand Alfred and making them appreciate the man Caden loves might be the biggest obstacle of all. 

The Love of a Mate is the fourth and final release in Kim Dare’s Pack Discipline series and it’s my favorite.  Please be aware that for a better understanding of character/pack relationships, I recommend the books be read in sequential order. 

I admit I wasn’t certain I was going to like Alfred in the beginning, since he was such a brat throughout the series, and he didn’t start off treating Caden very nicely. But Ms. Dare’s vivid descriptions of his emotional pain and turmoil quickly changed my opinion. She did just as nicely with Caden’s quiet strength and determination to have Alfred as his mate, despite all the roadblocks standing in his way. He’s a sweet guy, which makes him the perfect opposite for the more aggressive Alfred.  

To balance the upset and anger, there are also moments of great tenderness between these two, as well as passion and desire. I guess ultimately there are numerous scenes I enjoyed, so much so that I couldn’t pick a favorite. I liked them all. Take it from me. If you enjoy a good shape-shifter with hints of BDSM, then this well written and plotted story is for you. Read and enjoy.

No comments: