Friday, August 5, 2011

Loving Luki Vasquez

Title: Loving Luki Vasquez
Author:  Lou Sylvre
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
ISBN: 978-1-61581-914-0
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary, Mystery
Rating:  4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph 

Sonny is an artist whose medium just happens to be dye and silk threads.  He’s used to being on his own with just the occasional appearance by his nephew, who comes and goes as he sees fit.  When he sees Luki, he is instantly drawn to the dangerous looking man.  Luki has many secrets and, while he is not sure he is ready to share, something about the younger man calls to him. 

Loving Luki Vasquez is a very intense, and sometimes dark, romance/mystery.  The characters are strongly written and, while I found Sonny just as much a mystery in the end as he was in the beginning, I still could not help but be drawn to him.  There is a strong connection between Luki and Sonny but their pasts make getting together difficult.   

The mystery woven into Loving Luki Vasquez is just as compelling as the romance.  There are a lot of twists and turns throughout the story, many I did not see coming, which is something I like when reading mysteries.   

Lou Sylvre is a new author for me. However, after reading Loving Luki Vasquez, I am sure this will not be the last story by this author that I read.

No comments: