
Book Title: The Runaway
Author: Jaime Samms
Publisher: Freya’s Bower
Publisher URL: http://www.freyasbower.com/
ISBN: N/A
Genre: Contemporary M/M
Nymph Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Rose Nymph
Miles has some deep scars, both physical and psychological but after ten long years of misunderstandings, hurt and animosity, it’s time to start letting them heal. He finally builds up the courage to head back “home” and confront his abusive past but he soon finds out things have changed. His uncle Allen isn’t around anymore but Allen’s stepson, Dillon, still is.
Dillon never thought he’d see Miles again after that fateful day. When Miles returns, they try to deny their feelings but it isn’t long before the hurt that had been simmering for so long resurfaces with a vengeance. Both men feel to blame for events long ago but it seems they need each other more than ever now. It’s time to stop running away.
The Runaway has everything I love in a story. The angst of the situation is apparent immediately. The style of writing captured my interest as Miles and Dillon’s pain is revealed. I felt a connection to the characters, felt all the emotion they have been trying so hard to hide come flooding out; emotion that made me care deeply for them. After becoming so invested so quickly, I couldn’t help but feel the story ended quite abruptly. It was less a conclusion and more an interlude, leaving me uncertain as to the future of this couple, although after what the characters have gone through, there won’t be a quick fix. I was slightly confused at times by the supporting characters who are only ever mentioned in conversation by Dillon and Miles. They talk about their fathers and at times I couldn’t keep track of who was who but this didn’t detract from the enjoyment of witnessing the beginning of their healing.
Author: Jaime Samms
Publisher: Freya’s Bower
Publisher URL: http://www.freyasbower.com/
ISBN: N/A
Genre: Contemporary M/M
Nymph Rating: 4.5 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs reviewer: Rose Nymph
Miles has some deep scars, both physical and psychological but after ten long years of misunderstandings, hurt and animosity, it’s time to start letting them heal. He finally builds up the courage to head back “home” and confront his abusive past but he soon finds out things have changed. His uncle Allen isn’t around anymore but Allen’s stepson, Dillon, still is.
Dillon never thought he’d see Miles again after that fateful day. When Miles returns, they try to deny their feelings but it isn’t long before the hurt that had been simmering for so long resurfaces with a vengeance. Both men feel to blame for events long ago but it seems they need each other more than ever now. It’s time to stop running away.
The Runaway has everything I love in a story. The angst of the situation is apparent immediately. The style of writing captured my interest as Miles and Dillon’s pain is revealed. I felt a connection to the characters, felt all the emotion they have been trying so hard to hide come flooding out; emotion that made me care deeply for them. After becoming so invested so quickly, I couldn’t help but feel the story ended quite abruptly. It was less a conclusion and more an interlude, leaving me uncertain as to the future of this couple, although after what the characters have gone through, there won’t be a quick fix. I was slightly confused at times by the supporting characters who are only ever mentioned in conversation by Dillon and Miles. They talk about their fathers and at times I couldn’t keep track of who was who but this didn’t detract from the enjoyment of witnessing the beginning of their healing.
3 comments:
I adored this book. Thanks for the review.
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed my characters.
Jaime
You are both more than welcome :) It was a pleasure to read so thank you Jaime. I really did enjoy your learning about your characters alot.
Rose
Post a Comment