Monday, March 2, 2009

The Men of CCD: Slow Seduction


Title: The Men of CCD: Slow Seduction
Author: Marie Rochelle
Publisher: Phaze Books
Publisher URL: http://www.phaze.com/
ISBN: 978-1-59426-679-9
Genre: Contemporary/Interracial
Nymph Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Amethyst Nymph


Jenisha Roman loves her job teaching second graders. When her creepy boss, the principal, finally decides to hire an architect to expand the school, Jenisha gets a pleasant surprise. The architect turned out to be the one man that made her heart flutter. Regardless of how attracted she is to Clinton, Jenisha isn’t sure if Clinton will be able to commit to her, if he finds out the truth.

When it comes to getting what he wants, Clinton Campbell never gives up. He wants Jenisha, so he decides to use his job as an opportunity to get closer to her. If everything went according to his plans, Jenisha would fall in love with him, just as Clinton had fallen in love with Jenisha. Unfortunately, outside interferences and secrets create a wall between the couple.

Sex and sabotage are intertwined to create a story that was hard to put down in The Men of CCD: Slow Seduction. There were moments I was afraid that Jenisha’s crazy boss would win. I was astonished by how uncaring his character truly was, and it was fun to hate him. Jenisha’s secret had caused her previous relationship to end and my heart went out to her. However, to say that I was happy with the way she handled her secret with Clinton would be a lie. If I could have jumped in the story and told Clinton the truth myself, I would have. Clinton also shocked me with his reaction, but I think his reaction was a realistic one. I was glad to see Marie Rochelle give Jenisha and Clinton a bit of turmoil, but at the same time, letting them find their way back to each other. This is a love story that has to be read.

No comments: