Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Upside Down


Title: Upside Down
Author: Jenna Hilary Sinclair
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Publisher URL: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/
ISBN: 978-1-935192-62-6
Genre: M/M / Fantasy / Sci-Fi / Paranormal
Nymph Rating: 4 Nymphs
Literary Nymphs Reviewer: Scandalous Minx

SpaceForce Marines Commander Jeff Langley tries to treat all the men under him as equals, with no favorites. This is a hard task after years of forging friendships and close bonds but for the most part, Jeff has succeeded. The one person who can test Jeff’s ability is Colonel Rell ta Bakinee. When Rell is mortally wounded, Jeff doesn’t just wonder what will I do to save a soldier or even what must I do to save a friend. Jeff will have to ask and answer the ultimate question. What will I do to save the man I love?

Jenna Hilary Sinclair brings intergalactic love, war, and a race to save a life in Upside Down. Jeff and Rell are both strong, determined men who are capable of leading forces, but too nervous to own up to their feelings. I tell you; to think something could scare them had me shaking my head, because they had no qualms fighting an enemy. I wasn’t sure if either of them would have the guts to just say “I want you for myself”, and it was by chance that the opportunity was finally granted for their true feelings to become exposed. This is definitely a story that adds elements of lust, passion, and the heightened emotions that only combat can bring about. If you like your military hard-to-the-core but soft as teddy bears when it comes to the one they love, then you’ll enjoy reading Upside Down.

No comments: